Code of Conduct Definition:
Principles, values, standards or rules of behavior that guide the decisions, procedures and systems of this organization in a way that (a) contributes to the welfare of our members, and (b) respects the rights of all constituents affected by our operations.
This Code of Conduct is intended to provide clear guidelines for what is expected of its members.
AREC Mission Statement:
A Running Experience Club (AREC) is a 501(c)3 not for profit organization committed to providing a variety of safe, fun and friendly environments for runners and walkers of all ages and abilities in order to support their personal objectives and promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. We foster camaraderie through communication, member participation in club functions and running events, leadership opportunities and social activities. We also strongly encourage participating in, volunteering at or raising money for charitable causes that benefit the local communities.
Description of the Conduct, Compliance, Responsibility Program
- To ensure the enjoyment, safety and well-being of its members, AREC expects its members to fully comply with the club’s Code of Conduct, which extends itself to all club sanctioned runs and social events, and any running related event in which a club member is wearing AREC labeled attire or is representing the club as a Board member.
- Members will always respect the fundamental rights, dignity and worth of all
- Members will represent the club in a professional manner at all club functions or while interacting with non-members about the club online or in the community.
- Members will not discriminate or make derogatory comments and slurs, which include those based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability, socioeconomic status, or any basis proscribed by law.
- Members will not act in a manner that could be deemed as harassment in any form, which includes but is not limited to unwelcomed sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
- Members will act in accordance with the Code of Conduct when engaging in AREC-related social media pages and feeds. Additionally, members will not utilize AREC-related social media pages and feeds to promote/sell goods or services without explicit and written permission from the Board.
- AREC Board meeting attendees are expected to adhere to Robert’s Rules of Order and conduct themselves in a professional manner
At the discretion of the Board, failure to adhere to the Code of Conduct may result in a verbal warning, a written warning, or termination of membership and all related privileges.
Members will challenge inappropriate behavior by seeking advice from, and/or reporting any abuses of the Code of Conduct to a Board member.
Any reports of a Code of Conduct violation must be immediately shared with the Board in writing. A Board member will be assigned to investigate the claim in a timely manner, and will share his/her findings with the Board in a written report. This report may contain recommended actions, including a verbal warning, written warning, or termination of membership. The matter will be formally discussed at least by the next scheduled Board meeting, and any recommended actions must be approved by 2/3rds of the Board. It is the responsibility of the Board to immediately report any suspected crimes to local law enforcement. Failure to do so would be considered a serious breach of the Code of Conduct and will be dealt with accordingly.